It's Finally Raining

We need rain and lots of it.  January was the driest ever on record. The ground is d.....r.....y.  

I think I need rain to counteract the overwhelming feelings of drowning in my own anxiety, stress, to-do items, events, and worry.  I need the rain to wash over me, starting from the tip of my head, down my black hair now littered with white strands, all the way down to my toes with my chipped rose gold nail polish.  I just need the sun to go away for a little bit so that that bright circle of promise can stop reminding me of all the things I'm not doing, can't do, and don't want to do.  I guess I'm like a bear - I need my hibernation time.  I can't hibernate with the full sun and blue sky beckoning me out to do more, more, more.  I need rain, clouds, and cold to make slowing down and recuperating okay.  I need the day and the night to match my mood, allowing me to feel the world is in solidarity with me.

I suppose that's a lot to ask.  I may not get the reset that I need.  But, at least it's raining today.   

Comments