Day One: Juice Cleanse

1:15PM

Started the morning with "Green Dream", had a mid-morning snack of "PMAP", and lunch of "Beetastic."  So far, I'm okay, I'm adjusting the cleanse a little in that I am unwilling to give up my coffee.  I also drank an Emergen-C and ate an apple slice.  The coffee is really the only thing that is non-negotiable so I guess I'm not really a cleanse purist but this is my body and I can do what want with it.  So there.

Feeling like I'm full of liquid and my head's slightly achy(?) but that could be from the life stressors making me crazy like they always do.  I went out during lunch to run some errands and distract from the lunch crew.  I'm trying to think of other things besides food.  Good thing there's a lot of work to do in the office.  Now, I must summon up the willpower to get through the afternoon doldrums.  

2:30PM

I'm drinking "Lively Lemonade" and it's effing amazing.  I could just drink this all day.  I think there's a cleanse option for that.

4:30PM

I ate a banana.  Whatever.  It's fruit and I'm hungry.  I'm not trying to kill myself (or am I when I decided to this cleanse?).

6:00PM

Preparing food for the baby and I chug my "Tropical Greens." K wants to try some so I let him have so of "mama's juice."  He takes a small sip, smiles, and then makes a face.  Sorry kid but it's good for you.  I sneak bites of his broccoli.  Vegetables are fair game in my opinion.  I'm proud of myself for not sneaking a bite of his chicken nuggets.

7:45PM
C is going on a business trip and it's our last dinner together for a week.  I decide to "let" him bring home two sushi rolls.  So, I eat 8 pieces of sushi (they're not big rolls and they have lemon slices on them!) and some edamame.  I also drink 1/2 the "Cozy Cashew" and can't seem to finish the rest.  So sushi's a no-no but I'm okay with it.  I'm making my own rules with this juice cleanse.

So that's it for the evening.  I think I'm going to drink the other half of my Cozy Cashew in the morning along with my Green Dream.  I also want to say that I love the Cozy Cashew.  It's so good and tastes almost hearty.  I'd drink this all day...with the Lively Lemonade.  Both these are my two favorites.

All in all - not the purist start to the the juice cleanse but I'm not going to beat myself over it.  I'm not giving up my coffee and I'm going to be parenting solo for the next week so I deserved that sushi with my hubs.  I will say that Thrive Juicery does make some darn good juices - so tasty!  On to Day Two.  Nite!!!    

Comments