Office Tackle

Last weekend, CWP$ and I rearranged the office set-up as part of my 12 months of organizing project.  It took until the middle of the month to find time to do it but the furniture has been moved.  Of course, I didn't take a before photo but I know I have some photos in my albums of what the office looked like before.  Besides, you just want to see the results right?  Who cares about the means? 

So the set-up is right.  We got rid of one verticle four drawer file cabinet and now have our files in once.  We reasoned that we really didn't need one file cabinet each person because that's a ridiculous amount of paper that we would like reference one a year (or three).  We decided to box up some archives for the garage (which at this point is a dumping ground for all the things we couldn't make a decision on - that's going to be a "fun" project) and free up some space in the office/guest bedroom. 

Here's the big "but" - I fear that I've created a bigger mess than we had before.  There's files and papers in baskets on the floor that I want to do crafts or scan in but I haven't found the time.  We want to keep some of the drawers empty for guests in the dresser but where do we put stuff then?  The bookshelf holds some supplies that were on top and inside the file cabinet we got rid of but then the bookshelf was pretty full before too.  So yeah, you guessed it, there are books on the floor too because we reasoned that the supplies were more important than the books we haven't read since two moves ago. 

The Power of Positive Thinking:  I still have two weekends left in March to finish, plenty of time (right?!). 

Comments