Very Mini-Break

This past weekend I was supposed to tackle my bags, accessories and shoes or something like that.  But, alas, I did not. 

CWP$ came home Saturday and we tried to keep busy so that jet lag wouldn't kick in for him (it did anyways).  As the weekend progressed, CWP$ came down with something and by Monday, he had a fever.  I think it's from exhaustion and the fact that he is not very good at taking care of himself when he's on a business trip.  It's hard to stay home from work if you're dedicated, passionate about what you do, and have other people relying on you (I'm jealous!!!).  That being said, I'm pretty sure if you're sick, your coworkers do not want what you have and you certainly will not be as productive as you should be.  Plus, trying to work while you are sick prolongs the recovery period.  Wouldn't you rather stay home from work one day and getting better than half-a$$ working and feeling icky all week?

So it would seem that he came back but was still out of commission.  Today, I think we're back on track but it's been a looooooong week. 

Recently, K has been hitting things and people.  Last night, after becoming frustrated that he couldn't open the baby gate at the top of the stairs, he turned around, raised his hand, and smacked Gwen right on the top of the head.  I couldn't believe it.  I said in a very loud voice, "no hitting."  I walked over there and held his hand to his side and repeated "no hitting."  I also said "gentle" with Gwen which normally works but he kept on trying to smack her and then me!  Then, I got up and walked away from him after trying to show him displeasure in my face.  I also said I am going to ignore you now as I walked away.  Finally, he stopped hitting after that.  I know this is just the beginning but I'm still really disturbed by seeing K hit/smack people (and cats) and objects. 

Again this morning, when I dropped K off at daycare, he saw his friend L and proceeded to lift up his hand and try and smack him in the face.  WTF?!  

I wonder if there's anything else I can do to help him understand that hitting is not okay. 

Comments

Doris said…
I wonder if part of that is him exploring boundaries as he now getting older and understanding cause and effect? Or is there someone at day care he's learning this from? I remember my nephew used to look at you while purposely doing something bad to see what the reaction would be. Or is it all frustration, you think?
deej said…
i think he's picking up the hitting from daycare. And he's hitting because of frustration. I actually saw him hit the same little boy on Friday! The boy is older, bigger, and more agressive so perhaps K is defending himself? i dunno. i just don't want be called in the "principal's office" before he's even in preschool!!! hahaha.