Organizing: Month #1 Car

My car has become a pit of random crap since the baby was born.  That's right 16 months of "I don't know what's growing in there" goodness.  As part of my 12 months of organizing, I've chosen my car as my first project.  I chose something "easy" since I kind of got a late-ish start on this month. 

First, I need to clean the sucker.  That means vacuuming, wiping down unknown stains, removing used tissues (and diapers!), cleaning up receipts, and other random stuff. 

Second, I need to update my emergency kit and make sure there are diapers (and sanitary napkins - sure could have used them this weekend) among other important things.  Check expiration dates and replace as needed. 

Third, I need a system to keep kits and supplies corraled.  Also, I have to have a system to deal with trash so it doesn't end up embedded in the seats or wedged underneath the floor mat (yes, nasty, I know).  This will probably be the most time-consuming but have the biggest payoff if I can come up with a system that works. 

So, I have got to put my plan into action this weekend because January is toast after Tuesday. 

Comments