Autumn baby

Fall is here.  I love autumn, like the calm before the holiday season storm.  It's back to school; the weather cools (at least it's supposed to); and it's generally quiet.

Baby K turned one on Thursday and we had a birthday party for him and his friend Leila on Saturday at Lake Elizabeth.  Who knew a child's first birthday party would be so involved!  It was nonstop from 7am to 3pm even though the party was only from 11am-2pm.  It was a beautiful day despite the wind.  I think Kent and Leila had a great time.  Baby K had his first bite of chocolate cake!

I'm not sure how I'm going to handle his future birthday parties.  I mean, this was mostly our friends and families.  What am I going to do when we have a dozen of his playmates runnning around.  Oh well, despite the craziness, the party was a success.  We even had a pinata.  Food was pretty good and so was the cake.  Baby K got quite the haul in presents.  Thank you to all his generous aunties and uncles.  I need to learn how to delegate more and let people do their assigned jobs.  I will NOT become a micro-manager!

I still can't believe I'm a mom of a one-year-old.  Baby K is so huge compared to this time last year.  Babies really make great strides their first year.  It's been a wonderful journey and I'm looking forward to more birthday parties :)  

Happy Birthday my darling baby boy.  Thank you for bringing so much joy to our lives. 







Comments