Summer's Last Fling

This summer has been super crazy busy.  I've been back to work almost six months.  Kent is almost one year old and the three of us are developing a sort of routine.  Being a mother has changed me though I think, at the core of me, I am still the same person.  I guess it's more accurate to say that I have different priorities now and that in turn changes my behavior and thinking about the world.  Baby K, Cheng, and even Gwen occupy the top spot on my priority list; each one taking the super-duper #1 spot at different times, depending on the situation.  It's like a wheel with their faces on it that constantly turns.  Whoever's smiling face (or I guess crying face?) the needle points to is the one I must attend to.  I don't mind; I love being a mom and a wife.  I just have to remember to include my face on the wheel so that I can remember that I need attention to.  I have to remember to love being me.   

Comments

K.G. said…
Hi DJP! Having a pet is like having a child. You feed, bathe, and care for them when sick. It's amazing when the pet is not the number one lil one in the house. Poor Gwen. Isn't it great to have a groove to your family life?!