Nomygod!

Hahaha...I'm beginning to looooooooooove Modern Family.  Thank god for DVR that allows me to watch my favorite shows whenever I get the chance to.  What did we do in the days before Tivo?  Oh yeah...VCR!!!  I shouldn't laugh though because Cheng and I were using a VCR to record 24 in 2006/2007.  Yeah, not that long ago.  In our defense, we saved tons of money on not paying for cable/satellite.  But I digress...

So, I say "Nomygod" because I have less than two weeks left of my maternity leave.  Where did time go?  Baby Kent went from a wrinkly newborn to a plumpy infant.  He's just about twice as big as when he was born now.  When I breastfeed him, I need to do bicep curls because he is much longer and heavier than before.  Now he's starting to get a little personality and it's pretty funny.  My baby smiles and laughs everyday (as well as cries and whines) and that makes me happy.  I'm happy to report that this child care thing is starting to work out.  Still need to work on a nanny for two days a week and then I'll feel better.  I still have anxiety but it's much less now.  So, I'll keep you posted.

I'm returning to work with mixed feelings.  It's not that I don't want to go back, I do.  However, I feel sad that I won't be able to spend as much time with Baby Kent as I have been.  I"m grateful to my boss for allowing me 6 months of leave.  I truly appreciate the time to bond with the baby and the time to transition to my new role as a mother.  It's true what they say, my life is completely different.  The center of my universe has changed.  How quickly it happened.  Now it's time to learn how to be a working mother and straddle that line between work and life/family.  

Comments