Salute to 3 decades and goodbye to 2010

I'm officially 30 years old (well since Sunday, December 19th). It's been a wild 30 years, the first few early years I don't remember. I spent a lovely, rainy Sunday with the girls at tea and the rest of the day with my baby, hubs, and hubs' family.

I don't specifically remember my 10th birthday party (I think I was still doing bellybusters at chadwick's and having slumber parties) and I kinda remember my 20th birthday. My 20th birthday was probably spent studying for finals and writing final papers. It's hard to celebrate a b-day at the tail end of finals week. Pretty sure I'll remember this birthday but ask me at my 60th birthday.

It's truly amazing how different I was at each decade. What I find interesting is the people that have surrounded me at each birthday and how those faces have changed through the years. This year, my 30th, has brought me a precious new face. Baby Kent is the best birthday and Christmas present ever.

And so...with my 30th birthday behind me and Christmas 2010 already past, here we are saying goodbye to 2010. It was a wild and crazy year which I am still recovering from. Baby Kent was conceived sometimes toward the end of 2009 and here he is at 3 months old. He went from being as small as a pinhead in my belly to a 15 pound 22 inch human being. Truly amazing (and weird).

I don't think I made any new year's resolutions last year but I'll make some this year:

1. Learn to be a good parent and continue to be good partner.
2. Get more organized and reduce my purchases this year. Get rid of clutter!
3. Get back into shape and run a half marathon.
4. Return to work.
5. Have more patience.
6. Eat healthy and more vegetables. Cook more, eat out less.

I think that should be enough for these next 12 months of 2011.

Happy New Year!!!

Comments