4 Weeks Today

Baby Kent is exactly four weeks old today. It's hard to believe that a month has passed since he was born. At this moment, I can't even recall what my life was like before he came to be. It's almost as if I was born again four weeks ago as well and now I'm learning how to live in this new life as a mother.

These past four weeks have not been easy. We're sleep-deprived; the house has been turned upside down; Gwen's been running around wild; tears have flowed freely from my eyes; hormones wreaking havoc as the shift to not being pregnant began, etc. etc. etc. Life's a series of diaper changes, sore arms, and milk-leaking boobs.

How do I know what I'm doing is right? What am I even doing?! I'll be cliche and say it: this journey is unlike any other I've been on. I was right when I said that being pregnant was easy; it's the being a parent part that's hard and scary.

Comments