May Day

Well, I guess technically May Day was yesterday. This weekend is turning out to be quite beautiful in terms of sun and shine. Yesterday, I "helped" Doris and Wei-Ling & Ben move out of their home of all of 6 months. It made me reflect on my recent move and how everyone always seems to be moving. It seems so different from when our parents were our age. People just don't stay put anymore and it's all for legitimate reasons. Everyone's who's been moving has been doing it for absolutely legitimate reasons! I mean, moving really stinks; why would anyone want to put themselves through it more than they have to? Though CWP$ and I have been living in Fremont for a month now, it doesn't really feel like home quite yet. I will admit it's a lot more convenient than before and I am enjoying my shorter commute home. It does seem a bit far from my buddies but I think it's a mind game. If you look at a map, it's really not all that different from living in Milpitas. I was thinking about our next move which will happen because I don't forsee us living in our current place in Fremont more than a couple of years. It's going to be a doozy because of the baby. Who knows, I might even be pregnant again when we do find a place to move! Hopefully by then, I will have a handle on all our crap and it won't be so bad (ha, wishful thinking maybe?).

Despite my semi-rant on moving, I did enjoy spending the day with my friends. It's exciting to see people moving on to different and better situations. We'll have fun no matter what!

I've decided that I like being used as a human punching bag by the baby. Is that weird to say? I'm sure I'll eat my words as I get closer to September but right now, I'm enjoying the pushing, kicking, and punching going on inside my belly.

Comments

judyonthenet said…
Congrats to you and Cheng on the baby!

Yeah, moving sucks. I hate not having a sense of permanence. I imagine it's tougher for you though! Your nesting instincts kicking in yet?