Another First Day

As some of you out there have noticed, I have changed the title of my blog from "A Blog in the Life of the Funemployed" to "DJ's Spot." I did not change the name because I had delusions that "DJ's Spot" was so much better than the original title. It's merely a placeholder, unless it grows on me. The reason I changed the title is because as of Tuesday, October 13, 2009, I will no longer be unemployed. I have a job! One that I want and am super-excited about! Amazing. After lamenting for the entire summer and getting more white hairs (I discovered five more. There may be more lurking; I didn't have the heart to search and destroy.), I finally found a job.

It's nice to have another first day to look forward to. Yes, I'm nervous and anxious but that's part of the new chapter in my life. I'm also nervous because of this crazy storm that's headed to the Bay Area. It arrives Monday and leaves Wednesday meaning that my first day Tuesday is supposed to be the worst of the storm. Oh well - rain is good luck, right? I'm going to have to leave super early for the BART if I want to make it to San Francisco by 8:00AM. So, tonight (Sunday night) is my last night of staying up late. Really, though, it's involuntary. I can't sleep! I'm too excited about too many things. Yay for my last weekend of funemployment.

Comments