Frustration setting in...like a stain on your favorite dress

Yeah. A person who shall remain nameless is laying it on pretty thick - financial independence is necessary, i'm not agressive enough, i'm not "hungry" enough, i shouldn't think any job is beneath me, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

WTF? What am I supposed to be doing? Makes me want to to crawl into a cave and hide for the rest of the summer - maybe for the rest of the recession?! As if job opportunities were pouring in and I have my pick of the litter. At the same time, shouldn't I be honest with myself? Shouldn't I at least go for what I want to do? I mean, is it really fair to just go for "any" job? This is not a failure to launch kind of situation. I am not doing "nothing." This is not a pride situation or a fearful inaction situation. I am putting myself out there. Everything is super frustrating, super annoying. I, of all people, do not need someone to tell me that I am not feeling "bad" enough for motivation. These past couple of weeks have been frustrating at best, horribly demoralizing at worst.

Maybe there's a bigger purpose for my life. Maybe I'm destined for great things and this is just one of those bumps in the road that inevitably come with life.

Eff you recession. Eff you.

Comments

Doris said…
boo. i know some people who put on that kind of pressure...they suck! as if you didn't already put that pressure on yourself.
Nuree said…
dj,
i know what you're talking about. i'm in month 7 of unemployment....