If I could be anything, what would I be?

It has been a while since I have thought about my life in the abstract. Everything has been about what's happening NOW. I haven't entertained the question of having whatever I wanted in a long, long time. So, if I could be anything, if I could do anything, what would I do? The possibilities! The choices, the options! I am not so sure I can handle it. There's this questionnaire floating around out there in cyberspace that NO ONE has nominated me to fill out, so I nominate myself. (I'm doing this instead of finishing my personal history statement for graduate school. Go figure. Maybe I'll gain some insight?)

10 years ago ....
November 1995 - I was a sophomore at Lexington High School, languishing and toiling away, wondering when the hell I could get out of there. I think I was dating Dan at the time. I'm not sure. We dated for a total of two years. Damn, that was a long time ago. I was busy figure skating, being depressed, and drowning in schoolwork. Gotta love it.

5 years ago ....
November 2000 - I was a sophomore at Wellesley College learning to love life, love school, and love myself. I was still figure skating but slowly phasing out competition. I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else but where I was.

1 year ago ....
November 2004 - I was really hating work and wondering how I could escape. I had the one year bug and wanted to quit. I'm glad I didn't. Leaving then would not have benefited me. If I leave, I want to leave on my own terms, not because I felt like I was forced to. And now I realize, I did have so much more to accomplish.

Yesterday .....
I was really stressed at work from the lack of staff and inundation of work. I kept re-reading a journal entry that I had written; I wondered how the hell I articulated what I was feeling in a coherent fashion. I started my personal history statement and realized that my life has many defining moments that have shaped who I am. And then, I felt sad about some of them and cried a little.

5 snacks I enjoy ...
cinnamon sugar pita chips
good chocolate cake
unfiltered apple juice from Trader Joe's
fruit!!! (watermelon, blueberries, grapes, etc.)
Taiwanese style beef noodle soup with beef tendon

5 songs I know all the words to...
TLC's Waterfalls
Madonna's Just Like Prayer
Alanis Morisette's Ironic
Celine Dion's The Power of Love
Almost all of Cyndi Lauper's greatest hits (True Colors, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Time After Time, etc.)

5 places I would run away to...
Vancouver, Canada
Home to Boston, MA or anywhere in New England and live the country life by some pond
Anywhere mom is
Hmm...I can't really think of anymore places.

5 things I would never wear ...
white pants
thongs
3 inch stilleto heels
puffy sleeves
tight spandex thigh hugging mini skirs

5 favorite tv shows ...
SIMPSONS
CSI (mostly las vegas but the other ones are growing on me)
Reno 911
Law and Order (original series with Det. Lenny Briscoe and SVU)
I can't think of anymore!!!

5 bad habits ....
short temperedness
impatience
biting my fingernails
procrastinating
caring too much about what other's think of me

5 biggest joys ...
home with my family
being in love with CWP
taking care of Gwen
having good friends
living independently and making it (sort of...hehe)

5 favorite toys ...
my Hello Kitty sandwich maker, well basically all my Hello Kitty paraphrenalia
my computer
ishuffle
laser pointer (for Gwen)
my canon inkjet printer

5 fictional characters I would date ...
eh...how about five celebrities I would date?
Hugh Jackman
oh dear, I think that's it.

Well, congrats if you made it to the end.

Comments